Let me tell you something else... I catch EVERYTHING. I must have one of the worst immune systems.
So what do I do?
1. Get Rest! Sleep is so important. Every time I stay up late and get up early for a few days I end up sick. Just happened the week of Christmas. We had so much to do I couldn't get proper sleep and I woke to a sore throat and all that jazz.
2. Vitamin C, Zinc and Vitamin D3 - I take Vitamin C and Vitamin D3 daily and I do the zinc when I feel something coming along. (I sometimes take that daily too). Do your research on the proper amounts of the above vitamins as I'm no doctor! I tend to take 2000-3000 of the Vitamin C and D3 daily though (Vitamin C I take morn/night and D3 in the mornings.) If I'm feeling like something is coming on I'll up my Vitamin C.
3. Diffuse Thieves Oil! I use a diffuser I got off amazon. Not only does it put moisture in the air it also puts the oil in the air to help fight the bugs! I should note here I don't buy the real thieves oil - way too pricey for my budget. I buy Plant therapy's germ fighter which is sorta a knock off of it. (If your ordering the thieves don't forget to pick up some unscented tealights!)
4. I use hand sanitizer at church. I'm not a fan of hand sanitizer in general but when dealing with sick people and shaking hands I'll take my chances with the stuff.
5. Change my clothes. This one might sound wacky... but if we are around sick people or if the person behind me at church is coughing up a storm... I change clothes as soon as I get home. I really think it lingers on our clothing then we sit on the couch and pass it all around... I sorta got this from the allergy season recommendations from my doctor. He said that when your outside the pollen is all around and you bring it indoors. Seems logical that germs might be the same.
These are some simple but effective things any family can do to help prevent sickness in your family. If these tips helped you please leave me a comment!
This post contains affiliate links. Also tips contained in this post are not in any way supposed to be taken as medical advice. Please consult with a doctor if you are looking for that sorta thing.