Thursday, April 10, 2014
5 Days Of Our Favorite Books - Day 4 ~ Blog Hop
Welcome to day 4 of the blog hop. Today I will talk about some books that changed my life. These are the books I would recommend reading to anyone and everyone but especially people getting ready to marry, married or parents.
1) The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. This book saved my marriage (with the help of The Lord!) It really shows you how to love and why to love.
2) The 5 Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Campbell. This was the first book I read in the series and I think it was so important. Just learning to fill your child's love tank is essential to a healthy relationship.
3) Cleaning House: A Mom's Twelve-Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement by Kay Wills Wyma. This book changed the way I looked at my kids. I saw that they were capable of so much more than I gave them credit for.
4) The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey. This book is still a work in progress for us. It has given me hop for paying down debt and achieving financial freedom.
5) The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home by Susan Wise Bauer and Jesse Wise. This is the book that taught me to how to plan my children's education. I think it is essential for anyone wanting to teach Classical or Charlotte Mason educational methods.
Brittney @ Mom's Heart ~ Relaxed Homeschooling
Lisa @ A Rup Life ~ Our Favorite Books
Melissa @ Life Off the Paved Road ~ Fit From Home
Michelle @ Faith, Family, and Fridays ~ Clearing Out the Clutter
Jennifer @ Chestnut Grove Academy ~ Educational Apps
Jenni @ Conversaving ~ Homeschool Cooperatives
Lisa @ Home to 4 Kiddos ~ Celebrating Lent
Tawnee @ Adventures in Homeschooling ~ Spring Schooling
Crystal @ Crystal Starr Blog ~ Christ Centered Character Training