A Rup Life received product to facilitate this post. This post may contain affiliate links.
I have a *MUST HAVE* book to share with you! If you are thinking of becoming pregnant or are currently pregnant than you need to run to the store (or if your like me go to Amazon) and get a copy of Eating Expectantly by Bridget Swinney, MS, RD.
About this book:
The new Eating Expectantly gives moms-to-be the tools, tips and tricks they need to eat well from preconception through postpartum. Highlights include:
- How to have a healthier lifestyle and diet before conception to improve fertility and the odds of delivering a healthy baby--including advice for women with PCOS.
- Step-by-step advice for each trimester--including power nutrients and super foods.
- How to gain just the right amount of weight with the "smart carbs" approach.
- How to eat "cleaner" and "greener" by limiting pesticides and other chemicals.
- Diet and lifestyle tips to prevent high-risk conditions like gestational diabetes, hypertension, pre-eclampsia and preterm birth.
- Contributions from other RD experts: Dave Grotto, Tammie Lakatos Shames, Connie Evers, Angela Grassi, Diane Welland, Dr. Jo Lichten, Sharon Palmer, Judy Simon and Tamara Duker Freuman.
I wish I had this book sooner! Seriously the wealth of information from thinking about pregnancy to bringing home baby is amazing. Yes, it is about food but it is about so much more. I started the book with the third trimester and it was right on cue for me. It went through gestational diabetes (something I'm being tested for next week) as well as heartburn and what your meals should look like! After that I flipped through the rest of the book and I was just amazed at all that is included. This is a modern approach to diet by going through the whole pregnancy from pre-conception to birth. Tips, tricks and advice are littered through out the pages. It will be the gift I give for expecting moms!
You can purchase your copy of Eating Expectantly at your local book retailer or online at stores like Amazon!
WIN WIN WIN
One lucky reader will win a copy of Eating Expectantly!